Packed with pumpkin, cabbage and beans, these meat-free tacos are on the table in 40 minutes.
The ingredient of Healthy vegan tacos recipe
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 small red cabbage, shredded
- 95g (1/3 cup) natural coconut yoghurt
- 3 teaspoons tahini
- 8 small gluten-free corn tortillas
- 1/2 small avocado, thinly sliced
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthy vegan tacos recipe
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine the paprika, chilli flakes and cumin in a small bowl. Place the pumpkin and capsicum on prepared tray. Lightly spray with oil. Sprinkle with the spice mixture. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden and tender, adding the black beans to the tray for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Use a fork to lightly mash the black beans after cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine the maple syrup, 1 tbs lemon juice and a large pinch of sea salt flakes in a large bowl. Add the cabbage. Toss to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes to pickle. Drain.
- Combine yoghurt, tahini and remaining lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth. Preheat a chargrill pan over high heat (see tip). Cook tortillas 2-3 minutes each side.
- Divide pickled cabbage among tortillas. Top with roast vegetables, sliced avocado and a dollop of tahini yoghurt. Season with pepper and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Healthy vegan tacos recipecalories: 432.112 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 54 grams carbohydrates
calories: 14 grams protein