This low-cal vegetarian curry is packed with tofu, pumpkin and green beans to prove you can eat hearty yet healthy dinners.
The ingredient of Healthy pumpkin and tofu coconut curry recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 long fresh red chillies, deseeded, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons macadamia oil
- 350g firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 12 fresh curry leaves, plus extra, fried, to serve
- 300ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 300ml salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 75g baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthy pumpkin and tofu coconut curry recipe
- Place the onion, garlic, ginger, chillies and curry powder in a small food processor and process until a thick paste forms.
- Heat half the oil in a large wok or non-stick pan over high heat. Cook tofu, in 2 batches, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the curry paste to wok. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until aromatic. Add curry leaves. Cook, stirring, for a further minute.
- Pour in coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add pumpkin, tofu and simmer, covered, for 6-7 minutes or until pumpkin is almost tender. Add beans. Simmer, covered, for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in spinach until just wilted.
- Serve curry on quinoa with a squeeze of lime juice and extra curry leaves.
Nutritions of Healthy pumpkin and tofu coconut curry recipecalories: 391.482 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 32.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 20 grams protein