Pressure cooking the pork creates tender, pull-apart meat that is ready in half the time without losing any of the flavour.
The ingredient of Healthier pressure cooker pulled pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1kg pork shoulder
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1/3 cup white wine
- Large ciabatta roll, to serve
- Vegetables, to serve
- Baby tomatoes, to serve
- Basil, to serve
- Baby rocket, to serve
- Dijon mustard, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthier pressure cooker pulled pork
- Add oil to inner pot of Philips All In One Cooker. Press saute/sear high temp button. Set cooking time for 10 minutes and press start (do not close the lid). Season pork with salt and pepper and cut slashes with large sharp knife. When inner pot is hot, add pork. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Set aside. Add onion, garlic, fennel seeds, bay leaf and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Return pork to pot with wine. Close lid and turn knob to seal. Press meat/poultry in pressure cooking for 40 minutes. Turn knob to vent. Once the steam has been released, open lid.
- Transfer pork and juices to a serving dish. Coarsely shred with 2 forks.
- Serve ciabatta, pulled pork, chargrilled vegetables, rocket, mustard and aioli on platter for people to assemble their own sandwiches.
Nutritions of Healthier pressure cooker pulled porkcalories: 418.489 calories
calories: 12.4 grams fat
calories: 3.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 3.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1.3 grams sugar
calories: 65.9 grams protein
calories: 183 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 145 milligrams sodium