No need to worry about added nasties with these homemade chicken nuggets! The kids wont be able to taste the difference.
The ingredient of Healthy chicken nuggets with tomato dipping sauce
- 70g (2 cups) gluten-free cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Massel Reduced Salt Chicken Style Stock Powder
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely grated
- 1 zucchini, finely grated
- 500g lean chicken breast mince
- 70g (1/2 cup) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
The instruction how to make Healthy chicken nuggets with tomato dipping sauce
- To make the dipping sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickens. Season and set aside to cool.
- Add basil to tomato mixture. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth.
- Combine the cornflakes and stock powder in a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Squeeze excess moisture from the carrot and zucchini. Place the carrot, zucchini, mince and corn in a large bowl. Use clean hands to mix until well combined.
- Shape heaped tablespoons of the carrot mixture into oval nuggets. Toss in the cornflake mixture, pressing to firmly coat and shaking off any excess crumbs. Place on the lined tray and spray lightly with oil. Bake, turning halfway, for 25 minutes or until golden. Serve nuggets with tomato sauce.
Nutritions of Healthy chicken nuggets with tomato dipping saucecalories: 174.231 calories
calories: 6.8 grams fat
calories: 1.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 12.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12.9 grams protein
calories: 58 milligrams sodium