Better-for-you fried rice cooked in the one pan in the oven – its a midweek meal miracle!
The ingredient of Healthier one-pan baked fried rice
- 300g (1 1/2 cups) brown rice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 625ml (2 1/2 cups) boiling water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 100g 97-per-cent fat-free sliced ham, chopped
- 3 green shallots, white and pale green parts thinly sliced (tops reserved)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce, plus extra, to serve
- 3 eggs
- Sriracha chilli sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthier one-pan baked fried rice
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Place the rice in a 30 x 20cm baking dish. Add the garlic and ginger. Pour in the water and add the oil. Stir to combine. Cover dish tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Carefully uncover the dish and stir in the carrot, peas, ham, shallot and soy sauce. Cover tightly and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard foil. Make 3 indentations in the rice mixture and break an egg into each. Use a fork to lightly whisk each egg without mixing into the rice. Return to the oven and cook, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until the egg is set.
- Use a small sharp knife to coarsely cut the egg in the dish. Stir to combine. Diagonally slice the reserved shallot tops and sprinkle over rice mixture. Serve drizzled with sriracha and extra soy sauce.
Nutritions of Healthier one-pan baked fried ricecalories: