With lots of sneaky veg, this healthier version of everyones favourite Chinese beef chow mein is made even easier by cooking it all together in the one tray.
The ingredient of Healthy beef chow mein tray bake recipe
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 small green capsicum, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 280g pkt fresh chow mein noodles
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 160g (4 cups) thickly shredded wombok (Chinese cabbage)
- 100g shredded carrot
- 65g (1 cup) bean sprouts, rinsed, trimmed
- 2 green shallots, sliced
- White pepper
The instruction how to make Healthy beef chow mein tray bake recipe
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced, Arrange the capsicum, onion, ginger, garlic and mince over a large baking dish and drizzle with oil. Bake for 10 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to break up lumps and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the beef is golden.
- Meanwhile, place the noodles and broccolini in a heatproof bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Set aside for 5 minutes to soak. Drain.
- Combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine and water in a jug or bowl.
- Add the noodles, broccolini, cabbage and sauce mixture to the beef. Season with white pepper and use tongs to toss to combine. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until the cabbage has wilted. Top with carrots and sprinkle with the bean sprouts and shallots, to serve.
Nutritions of Healthy beef chow mein tray bake recipecalories: