Who can resist this slow-cooked French-style chicken dish. Serve it alongside steamed vegetables and mustard for a little bit of ooh-la-la!
The ingredient of French-style mustard and white wine chicken recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Cutlets
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 4 middle bacon rashers, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (100g) French-style lentils
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, peeled, ends trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) chicken stock
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup (80g) cru00e8me frau00eeche
- 1 tbs tarragon leaves
The instruction how to make French-style mustard and white wine chicken recipe
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 5 mins each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan. Add onion, leek, bacon and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the onion softens. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Cook for 2-3 mins or until the wine reduces by half. Return chicken to the pan with lentils, potato, carrot, stock and mustard. Gently fold to combine. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for a further 30 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in cru00e8me frau00eeche. Top with tarragon. Season.
Nutritions of French-style mustard and white wine chicken recipecalories: 653.426 calories
calories: 38 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 19 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 48 grams protein
calories: 1067 milligrams sodium