This vegetarian version of traditional fried rice is lower in kilojoules but full of flavour.
The ingredient of Healthy fried rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small red capsicum, seeds removed, sliced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis*, plus extra to drizzle
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
The instruction how to make Healthy fried rice
- Heat oil in a large wok over high heat. Add cabbage, carrot and capsicum, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add soy, ketjap manis, cashews and half the spring onions, toss to combine.
- To serve, garnish with remaining onions and drizzle with extra ketjap manis.
Nutritions of Healthy fried ricecalories: 370.211 calories
calories: 13 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 51 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 1429.18 milligrams sodium