Try our osso bucco recipe for a healthy, tender and mouth watering meat stew.
The ingredient of Healthy osso bucco
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (650g) beef or veal shanks (osso bucco)
- 2 large carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 410g can chopped tomatoes with roasted capsicum
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
The instruction how to make Healthy osso bucco
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shanks. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until browned. Add carrot, tomato and 1/2 cup cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Add thyme and beans. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
Nutritions of Healthy osso buccocalories: 319.065 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 11 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 33 grams protein
calories: 96 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 177.78 milligrams sodium