Weve made popular Chinese lemon chicken better for you, so you can enjoy it any night of the week!
The ingredient of Healthier Chinese lemon chicken
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/4 cup shao hsing (Chinese cooking wine)
- 800g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- Extra 1/4 cup cornflour
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 spring onions, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 lemon, sliced, quartered
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Steamed brown rice, to serve
- Sliced red chilli, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthier Chinese lemon chicken
- Place lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Combine cornflour and shao hsing in a small jug. Add to honey mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles and thickens. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place chicken in a medium bowl. Sprinkle over extra cornflour. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Add honey mixture, spring onion and lemon slices. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 1 minute or until mixture is combined. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with rice and chilli.
Nutritions of Healthier Chinese lemon chickencalories: