Ready in 45 minutes, this easy Mexican dinner bowl is loaded with better-for-you ingredients, including lean beef mince, haloumi cheese, avocado, Doongara rice and black beans.
The ingredient of Healthier Mexican haloumi salad
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 250g lean beef mince
- 410g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large yellow capsicum, chopped
- 250g packet 90 second microwave Doongara rice
- 125g can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 200g haloumi cheese, sliced
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 200g tomato medley, halved
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 1 lime, halved, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthier Mexican haloumi salad
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, cumin, paprika, oregano and chilli flakes. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add mince. Cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned all over.
- Add crushed tomatoes and capsicum. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add rice and beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until rice is heated through. Stir in chopped coriander.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook haloumi, in 2 batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Arrange avocado, haloumi, lettuce, halved tomatoes, chilli and lime on mince mixture. Serve sprinkled with extra coriander sprigs.
Nutritions of Healthier Mexican haloumi saladcalories: