Packed with fresh spring produce and under 500 calories, this cheesy frittata is perfect for midweek dinners or weekend picnics.
The ingredient of Healthy spring vegetable and goats cheese frittata recipe
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1cm lengths
- 150g (1 cup) frozen green peas
- 75g soft goatu2019s cheese, crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- u20444 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, plus extra baby leaves, to serve
- 150g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthy spring vegetable and goats cheese frittata recipe
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin, capsicum and onion on prepared tray. Spray lightly with olive oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until golden and tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place asparagus and peas in a steamer basket over a saucepan of boiling water. Cover and steam until just tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Reserve 1 tbs goatu2019s cheese. Place remaining goatu2019s cheese in a large bowl with eggs, milk and basil. Whisk to combine. Season. Add all the roast vegetables and stir to combine.
- Reduce oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Line base and side of 20cm round cake pan with baking paper. Pour mixture into prepared pan, evenly distributing veg. Top with tomato, cut-side up, and seeds. Bake for 45 minutes or until puffed and firm. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Top with extra basil and reserved cheese. Serve with salad.
Nutritions of Healthy spring vegetable and goats cheese frittata recipecalories: 225.138 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 3.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 12 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17 grams protein