This better-for-you crustless quiche is loaded with sweet potato, broccolini and fetta.
The ingredient of Healthy vegetarian quiche recipe
- 500g sweet potato, unpeeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch broccolini, stems halved lengthways
- 10 eggs
- 210g (3/4 cup) Greek-style yoghurt
- 70g feta cheese, crumbled
- Small fresh basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthy vegetarian quiche recipe
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lightly grease and line the base and side of a round 22cm (base measurement) cake pan with baking paper.
- Place the sweet potato on the prepared tray. Drizzle with half of the oil. Season. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until lightly caramelised. Add the thyme and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Season. Remove from heat.
- Steam, boil or microwave the broccolini for 2 minutes or until just tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- Whisk the eggs and yoghurt together in a large bowl. Season.
- Reduce oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Arrange the sweet potato, broccolini and onion mixture in the prepared pan. Pour over the egg mixture. Scatter with feta. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and puffed. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Turn onto a serving plate and sprinkle with basil, to serve.
Nutritions of Healthy vegetarian quiche recipecalories: