This rich broth minestrone is packed with greens and is the perfect warm meal for a cold winter night.
The ingredient of Healthier minestrone with power greens recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (about 1kg) smoked ham hock
- 1.5L (6 cups) chicken stock
- 2 dried or fresh bay leaves
- 2 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 80g (1 cup) Barilla Chickpea Casarecce
- 1/2 bunch cavolo nero (Tuscan cabbage), coarsely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- Basil pesto, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthier minestrone with power greens recipe
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add the ham hock, stock, bay leaves, rosemary and 1L (4 cups) water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low. Partially cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until the ham is falling off the bone.
- Transfer the ham hock to a chopping board and set aside to cool slightly. Shred the meat, discarding the bone and skin.
- Place cannellini beans in a bowl and use a fork to coarsely mash. Add to the dish along with the pasta, cavolo nero, zucchini and ham. Simmer for 10 minutes or until soup has thickened. Serve sprinkled with pesto, basil leaves and parmesan.
Nutritions of Healthier minestrone with power greens recipecalories: 466.528 calories
calories: 19.5 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 17.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 23 grams protein