The words "healthy" plus "meatloaf" might not usually get you excited but Taste.com.au members are adamant that this recipe is a winner!
The ingredient of Healthy meatloaf
- 500g extra lean beef mince
- 1 cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons Masterfoods Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 chat potatoes, halved
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, peeled, trimmed
- 150g green beans, trimmed
The instruction how to make Healthy meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place mince, breadcrumbs, onion, carrot, tomato sauce, parsley and egg in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix until well combined.
- Shape mince into a 10cm x 18cm rectangle. Place on prepared tray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until firm to touch. Remove from oven. Drain excess fat.
- Spoon barbecue sauce over top of meatloaf. Return to oven and cook for a further 10 minutes or until top is glazed. Stand on tray for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place potato, carrot and beans in separate microwave-safe plastic bags. Twist tops to seal. Microwave each on HIGH (100%) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until almost tender. Slice meatloaf. Serve with vegetables.
Nutritions of Healthy meatloafcalories: 429.483 calories
calories: 10.7 grams fat
calories: 4.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 43.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 34.3 grams protein
calories: 111 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 454 milligrams sodium