Barbecue lamb and beetroot are the stars of this healthy main.
The ingredient of Balsamic lamb with beetroot salad
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (about 500g) lamb eye of loin (backstrap)
- 200g drained canned whole baby beets, quartered
- 70g (1/4 cup) low-fat natural yoghurt
- 40g baby rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- Mixed-herb Turkish bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Balsamic lamb with beetroot salad
- Combine the vinegar, garlic and oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the lamb and turn to coat in vinegar mixture. Set aside for 5 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Meanwhile, combine the baby beets, yoghurt, rocket and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium. Cook lamb on grill for 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Cut the lamb across the grain into thick slices. Divide the beetroot salad among serving plates. Top with lamb and serve immediately with mixed-herb Turkish bread.
Nutritions of Balsamic lamb with beetroot saladcalories: 235.654 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 29 grams protein
calories: 83 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 233.78 milligrams sodium