Minestrone soup is a hearty and healthy winter warmer.
The ingredient of Minestrone
- 55g (1/3 cup) macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1 medium (about 150g) carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 x 425g can chunky crushed tomatoes
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 25g green beans, topped, diagonally cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan
- 4 crusty white bread rolls
The instruction how to make Minestrone
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and carrot and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion softens. Add tomato and stock, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes or until carrot is tender. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta, cannellini and green beans. Cook for 3 minutes or until green beans are bright green and tender crisp. Ladle soup among bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve with rolls.
Nutritions of Minestronecalories: 272.46 calories
calories: 7.5 grams fat
calories: 1.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 39 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams protein