Budget-friendly and healthy, these vegetarian burgers are the complete package.
The ingredient of Lentil burgers with lemon mayonnaise
- 1 large (about 120g) beetroot, washed, ends trimmed
- 8 slices (about 250g) wholemeal bread, crusts removed
- 1 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 egg
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 85g (1/3 cup) good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 bread rolls, halved horizontally
- 1 avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1/2 bunch watercress, stems trimmed, washed, dried
The instruction how to make Lentil burgers with lemon mayonnaise
- Wearing rubber gloves, peel beetroot, then grate coarsely. Set aside.
- Place the bread in the bowl of a food processor and process to form coarse crumbs. Add the lentils, parsley, garlic, cumin, coriander and egg. Season with salt. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place the flour on a plate. Divide the lentil mixture into 4 even portions. Use lightly floured hands to shape each portion into a round 8cm patty, about 2cm thick. Lightly coat each patty in flour.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the patties for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Whisk the mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl until well combined. Taste and season with salt.
- Top the bread roll bases with avocado, beetroot, a lentil patty, watercress and lemon mayonnaise. Serve immediately with bread roll tops.
Nutritions of Lentil burgers with lemon mayonnaisecalories: 758.586 calories
calories: 35 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 80 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 24 grams protein
calories: 877.21 milligrams sodium