Keep it fresh and flavoursome with this super-healthy meal.
The ingredient of Pork & rice noodle salad
- 60ml (1/4 cup) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 long fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (see note)
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 400g pork loin steaks
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves, torn
The instruction how to make Pork & rice noodle salad
- Stir the vinegar, sugar, chilli, garlic and ginger in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the mixture reduces by half. Set aside to cool. Stir in the lime juice and fish sauce.
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes or until tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain. Add half the oil and toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, cook the snow peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Rinse under cold running water. Drain.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Brush the pork with remaining oil. Cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil and set aside for 3 minutes to rest. Thinly slice.
- Combine the noodles, snow peas, pork, onion, mint, basil and half the dressing in a large bowl. Divide the salad among serving bowls. Serve with the remaining dressing.
Nutritions of Pork & rice noodle saladcalories: 273.416 calories
calories: 4 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 32 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 26 grams protein
calories: 59 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 539.39 milligrams sodium