Steaming chicken is a quick and healthy way to cook.
The ingredient of Steamed Chinese chicken with ginger and shiitakes
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (shaohsing) (see note)
- 8cm piece ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 6 small dried shiitake mushrooms (see note), soaked in boiling hot water for 10 minutes, stalks removed, sliced
- 1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli (gai lan)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Spring onion, thinly sliced, to garnish
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
The instruction how to make Steamed Chinese chicken with ginger and shiitakes
- Slice chicken on an angle and combine with wine, salt and plenty of freshly ground white pepper in a bowl. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes. Place chicken, overlapping, onto a heatproof plate. Scatter ginger and mushrooms over chicken. Place in a bamboo steamer and steam for 8-9 minutes or until cooked. If you have a multi-layered steamer, place carrots and chopped broccoli on a plate on top of chicken for the last 3 minutes of chicken cooking time until just tender (otherwise blanch in boiling water).
- Divide chicken, carrots and broccoli among serving plates. Drizzle oil over top and scatter with onion and coriander.
Nutritions of Steamed Chinese chicken with ginger and shiitakescalories: 241.151 calories
calories: 5 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 10 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 37 grams protein
calories: 88 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 113.29 milligrams sodium