Serve the family a delicious, hearty roast chicken dinner this weekend, using in-season veggies and flavoured with lemon and garlic
The ingredient of Herbed roast chicken with lemon and garlic vegetables recipe
- 1 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Medium Whole Chicken
- 40g butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 tsp chopped sage
- 1 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic bulb, halved
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1 sage sprig
- 3 flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 1kg baby royal or baby washed potatoes, halved
- 2 bunches Dutch carrots, trimmed, or 400g baby carrots, halved lengthways
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- Steamed green beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Herbed roast chicken with lemon and garlic vegetables recipe
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place the chicken in a large roasting pan. Combine butter, crushed garlic, lemon rind, thyme leaves, chopped sage and chopped parsley in a small bowl.
- Carefully slide your fingers between the flesh and skin on the chicken breast to loosen. Spoon the butter mixture under the skin and use your hands to spread evenly over top of the chicken.
- Place the lemon half, half the garlic bulb, the thyme sprigs, sage sprig and parsley sprigs in the cavity of the chicken. Use kitchen string to tie the legs together. Season well.
- Roast for 45 mins. Baste the chicken with the pan juices. Arrange the remaining garlic bulb half, potato, carrot and onion around the chicken in the pan. Roast for 45 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve chicken and vegetables with the beans.
Nutritions of Herbed roast chicken with lemon and garlic vegetables recipecalories: