Combine gorgeous caramelised apple with healthy oats, quinoa flakes and pepitas to create these healthy bars.
The ingredient of Caramelised apple and oat bars
- 80ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 60ml (1/4 cup) melted coconut oil
- 1 large (about 245g) pink lady apple, cored, finely chopped
- 115g (1 1/4 cups) rolled oats
- 15g (3/4 cup) puffed brown rice
- 55g (1/2 cup) quinoa flakes
- 45g (1/3 cup) whole pecans
- 45g (1/4 cup) pepitas
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Caramelised apple and oat bars
- Preheat the oven to 180u00baC/160u00baC fan forced. Grease the base andu00a0sides of a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) slice pan and line with baking paper.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup and 2 teaspoons of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until reduced slightly. Add the apple. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until caramelised. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the oats, puffed rice, quinoa flakes, pecans, pepitas, flaxseeds, cinnamon and ginger in a bowl. Stir through the apple mixture. Make a well in the centre. Add the egg, remaining oil and remaining maple syrup. Stir well to combine. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until golden and firm. Cool in pan completely. Cut into 12 bars.
Nutritions of Caramelised apple and oat barscalories: 195.98 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams protein