Lighten up with these healthy, fresh flavours that are ready in a flash.
The ingredient of Fennel and pepper pork with artichoke, lentil & spinach salad
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- Olive oil spray
- 4 x 150g pork loin steaks, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 250g marinated artichoke hearts, drained, halved
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 125g goats feta, crumbled
The instruction how to make Fennel and pepper pork with artichoke, lentil & spinach salad
- Toast the fennel seeds and peppercorns in a large, dry frypan over medium heat for 1 minute or until fragrant. Cool, then roughly crush in a mortar and pestle with a pinch of salt.
- Spray the pork steaks with a little oil and sprinkle both sides with the fennel seed mixture. Return the frypan to high heat. Add the pork and cook for 3 minutes each side until browned and cooked through. Wrap loosely in foil and rest while you make the salad.
- For the salad, whisk the vinegar, oil and garlic together in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then add the artichokes, lentils, spinach and feta. Gently toss to coat.
- Divide the salad among plates, top with the pork and any pan juices, then serve.
Nutritions of Fennel and pepper pork with artichoke, lentil & spinach saladcalories: 383.834 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 48 grams protein
calories: 101 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 631.3 milligrams sodium