Here is a healthy family meal idea that is ready in just a few minutes.
The ingredient of Cinnamon chicken skewers with couscous
- 6 boneless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- 250g instant couscous
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1 cup fresh herbs (flat-leaf parsley and mint leaves)
The instruction how to make Cinnamon chicken skewers with couscous
- Thread each chicken piece onto a wooden skewer, brush with a little oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. In a small bowl, mix 2 teaspoons oil, remaining cinnamon, honey and juice, and set aside. Place couscous in a large bowl, pour over 150ml boiling water, cover with a tea towel and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill or frypan to high. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked and slightly charred. Fluff couscous with a fork, add almonds, sultanas, herbs and juice mixture, stir to combine and season with salt and pepper. Divide couscous between plates and top with chicken.
Nutritions of Cinnamon chicken skewers with couscouscalories: 606.343 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 67 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21 grams sugar
calories: 43 grams protein
calories: 141 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 135.05 milligrams sodium