Lightly seasoned home-popped corn is a healthy alternative to high-fat snacks.
The ingredient of Indian-spiced popcorn
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 110g (1/2 cup) popping corn
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 20g butter
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
The instruction how to make Indian-spiced popcorn
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add corn. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook, shaking occasionally, for 3-5 minutes or until popped. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir the cumin seeds in a frying pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the salt.
- Melt butter and remaining oil in the frying pan over low heat. Stir in the coriander, garam masala and chilli powder for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add to the popcorn. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with the cumin mixture.
Nutritions of Indian-spiced popcorncalories: 190.005 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 3.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 15 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2.5 grams protein