Fish is a healthy dinner alternative and this easy recipe packs a punch of flavour.
The ingredient of Baby snapper with basil and orange crust
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 100g toasted pinenuts
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 small snapper (each one around 350g), scaled and gutted
- 250g baby vine-ripened trussed tomatoes, to serve
- olive oil, extra, for drizzling
The instruction how to make Baby snapper with basil and orange crust
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place the basil, pine nuts, Dijon mustard, garlic, orange rind and juice in a food processor or blender and process until roughly chopped. With the motor running, gradually add the olive oil until mixture is combined but not entirely smooth. Set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to cut four or five 1cm-deep diagonal slashes in the thickest part of the fish on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the basil mixture over both sides of the fish, working the mixture into the cuts.
- Place the fish in a baking dish lined with non-stick baking paper (if you need two baking dishes place one dish on a higher shelf and swap shelves halfway through cooking).
- Place the tomatoes around the fish, and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish is cooked through when tested with a fork - the flesh should flake. Divide the snappers and tomato among serving plates and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Baby snapper with basil and orange crustcalories: