For a healthy weeknight meal, you can rely on this chicken and artichoke rice.
The ingredient of Easy chicken and artichoke rice
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks (white part only), finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
- 2 x 180g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) Basmati rice
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 6-8 chargrilled artichokes hearts, cut into quartered
The instruction how to make Easy chicken and artichoke rice
- Melt the butter with the oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the leeks, bay leaf and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the leeks soften.
- Add the lemon rind and the chicken to the saucepan and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is opaque. Add the rice, stirring well to coat the grains, then add the stock and half the lemon juice. Increase heat and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave covered for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped basil, artichokes hearts and remaining lemon juice.
- Serve with cracked black pepper and some lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Easy chicken and artichoke ricecalories: 521.498 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 53 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 27 grams protein
calories: 69 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1066.44 milligrams sodium