Fragrant ginger adds a zing to poached chicken for a super healthy salad.
The ingredient of Ginger-poached chicken salad
- 2 x 200g chicken breasts
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 10cm piece ginger
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 eschalots
- 200g snow peas
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 2 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar (see note)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 mignonette lettuce (see note)
The instruction how to make Ginger-poached chicken salad
- Place chicken and stock in a saucepan. Thinly slice 5cm from ginger, add to pan, then bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to lowu2013medium, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and cool slightly. Discard stock.
- Meanwhile, cut remaining ginger into julienne (matchsticks), then thinly slice celery and eschalots. Place in a large bowl.
- Bring a kettle of water to the boil. Thinly slice snow peas lengthwise and place in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and stand for 1 minute. Drain, refresh under cold water, then drain again. Add to celery mixture.
- Place sesame seeds in a small frying pan and cook, tossing, over medium heat for 2 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Using 2 forks, roughly shred chicken, then add to celery mixture. Pick coriander leaves and add to bowl.
- Place vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar in a small bowl and whisk until sugar dissolves. Drizzle dressing over chicken mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Separate lettuce leaves, discarding outer leaves. Divide among plates, then spoon over chicken mixture. Scatter over sesame seeds to serve.
Nutritions of Ginger-poached chicken saladcalories: