Ready in 45 minutes, this easy, budget-friendly pasta gets mixed with salsa to add loads of Mexican flavour with minimal effort.
The ingredient of One-pot Mexican chicken and chipotle pasta recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- 350g dried rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 453g jar black bean and chipotle salsa
- 2 cups sliced barbecue chicken
- 1 long green chilli
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Sour cream, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make One-pot Mexican chicken and chipotle pasta recipe
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add garlic and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add pasta. Stir to coat. Add stock and salsa. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, adding chicken to pan for last 5 minutes of cooking time, or until pasta is tender and liquid has reduced and thickened.
- Meanwhile, finely chop chilli. Combine chilli, tomato, coriander, lime juice and remaining oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top pasta with sour cream, tomato salsa, and extra coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of One-pot Mexican chicken and chipotle pasta recipecalories: 688.559 calories
calories: 22.5 grams fat
calories: 7.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 78.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 37.6 grams protein
calories: 73 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1305 milligrams sodium