This healthy vegetarian tagine tastes delicious with the crunchy chickpea topping.
The ingredient of Vegetable tagine with crispy chickpeas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1.5kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 large (550g) eggplant, cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 medium red capsicums, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 medium green capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 x 410g cans chopped tomatoes and paste
- 3/4 cup Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 600g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Vegetable tagine with crispy chickpeas
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy- based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until softened. Add ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Increase heat to medium- high. Add pumpkin. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until pumpkin starts to soften.
- Add eggplant and capsicums. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until eggplant starts to soften. Add tomato and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes. Add cauliflower. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Place chickpeas on a paper towel-lined plate. Pat dry. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chickpeas. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Serve sprinkled with chickpeas and coriander leaves.
Nutritions of Vegetable tagine with crispy chickpeascalories: 288.234 calories
calories: 9.5 grams fat
calories: 1.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 39.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10.3 grams protein
calories: 320 milligrams sodium