Fast, healthy and budget-friendly, this pasta dish is a sure-fire midweek winner!
The ingredient of Spaghetti with capsicum, tomato and ricotta
- 2 red capsicum, quartered
- 2 yellow capsicum, quartered
- 350g spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
The instruction how to make Spaghetti with capsicum, tomato and ricotta
- Preheat a grill on high heat. Place capsicum, skin side up, on a tray and grill for 10 minutes or until skin turns black. Place capsicum in a plastic bag. Twist top to seal. Set aside for 5 minutes. Peel and discard capsicum skin. Roughly chop capsicum flesh.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and return to saucepan. Add capsicum, tomato, basil, ricotta and salt and pepper. Toss over low heat until heated through. Divide pasta between serving bowls. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Spaghetti with capsicum, tomato and ricottacalories: 412.514 calories
calories: 4.7 grams fat
calories: 0.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 72.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15.8 grams protein
calories: 1 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 88 milligrams sodium