Sticky caramel sauce and oodles of noodles make this easy chicken stir-fry with vegetables a dinner winner with the whole family.
The ingredient of Caramelised chicken and rice noodle stir-fry recipe
- 1 bunch choy sum
- 70g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 70g (1/4 cup) tomato paste
- 45g (1/4 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra leaves, to serve
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Caramelised chicken and rice noodle stir-fry recipe
- Remove the stems from the choy sum and coarsely chop. Set aside. Cut the leaves into thirds. Place the leaves and the noodles in a heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 7 minutes to soak. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add half the chicken. Cook, turning halfway, for 5 minutes or until golden. Use tongs to transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add the choy sum stems, ginger and garlic to the wok. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Add 80ml (1/3 cup) water and stir to combine. Add the brown sugar and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Return the chicken to the wok along with the soy sauce and wine. Simmer, stirring often, for 20 minutes or until the sauce is thick and syrupy. Add the drained noodles and leaves. Use tongs to toss until well combined. Toss through the chopped coriander and half the shallot. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with remaining shallot and extra coriander leaves to serve.
Nutritions of Caramelised chicken and rice noodle stir-fry recipecalories: