Tender turkey skewers and eggplant salad make for a light and healthy dinner option.
The ingredient of Allspice turkey skewers with eggplant salad
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 2 red capsicums, chopped
- 500g lean turkey breast fillet, fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Lemon wedges
The instruction how to make Allspice turkey skewers with eggplant salad
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread eggplant and capsicum on prepared tray. Lightly spray with oil. Bake for 20u201325 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, combine turkey, allspice, cumin, rind and half the oil in a bowl. Thread turkey mixture and onion, alternately, onto 8 wooden skewers (see note).
- Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Cook skewers for 4u20135 minutes each side or until turkey is cooked through.
- Combine eggplant, capsicum, beans, chopped parsley, juice and remaining oil in a bowl. Serve turkey skewers with eggplant salad, extra parsley and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Allspice turkey skewers with eggplant saladcalories: