Braised in Corona beer, these spicy chicken thigh fillets, served with zesty tomato salsa, avocado and tortillas, make a perfect Mexican main for entertaining.
The ingredient of Corona-braised chicken with pico de gallo recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 330ml bottle Corona beer
- 1 1/2 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chilli powder
- 175g packet baby capsicums
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced into rounds
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Flour tortillas, to serve
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, plus wedges to serve
- 3 tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Corona-braised chicken with pico de gallo recipe
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken, skin-side down. Cook for 6 minutes or until browned. Turn. Cook for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan.
- Add Corona, stock, garlic and chilli powder to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make Lime and Chilli Salt: Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Make Pico de gallo: Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill on high heat. Drizzle capsicums and onion with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook capsicum, tossing, for 5 minutes or until tender and charred. Transfer to a plate. Cook onion for 2 minutes each side or until charred and tender. Transfer to plate.
- Transfer chicken to a large plate. Cover to keep warm. Simmer sauce over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened slightly. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Place chicken, capsicum, onion, avocado, lime and chilli salt, pico de gallo and sauce on a serving tray. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve with tortillas and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Corona-braised chicken with pico de gallo recipecalories: 621.878 calories
calories: 41.1 grams fat
calories: 11.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 29.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 27 grams protein
calories: 103 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 3492 milligrams sodium