Looking for a healthier burger that you will love! Try this low-cal succulent chicken burger topped with healthy vegies. You can have chips too - just swap regular chips for these crispy sweet potato and beetroot chips.
The ingredient of Low-cal chicken burgers with sweet potato and beetroot chips recipe
- 250g sweet potato, peeled
- 2 (about 250g) beetroot, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 zucchini
- 400g minced chicken breast fillets
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely grated
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 wholegrain bread rolls, halved, toasted
- 60g (1/4 cup) bought tzatziki
- Baby rocket, to serve
- Red sauerkraut, to serve
The instruction how to make Low-cal chicken burgers with sweet potato and beetroot chips recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Use a sharp knife or mandolin to thinly slice sweet potato and beetroot. Spread evenly on prepared trays. Lightly spray with oil. Sprinkle with half the sumac and cumin. Bake, swapping trays halfway through, for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, finely grate 1 zucchini. Squeeze out excess moisture. Place in a bowl with chicken, carrot, shallot, parsley, remaining sumac and cumin. Season with pepper. Mix well then shape into 4 patties.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or large chargrill pan on medium-high. Cut each remaining zucchini into 4 thick slices. Lightly spray patties and zucchini with oil. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Cook zucchini for 1-2 minutes each side or until just tender.
- Spread bread halves with tzatziki. Top each with rocket, a patty, sauerkraut and zucchini. Serve with sweet potato and beetroot chips.
Nutritions of Low-cal chicken burgers with sweet potato and beetroot chips recipecalories: 376.664 calories
calories: 13.5 grams fat
calories: 3.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 33 grams carbohydrates
calories: 27 grams protein