Revamp traditional apricot chicken with this nutritious, reduced fat and high fibre recipe.
The ingredient of Healthy apricot chicken recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 600g skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) apricot nectar
- 35g (1/4 cup) chopped dried apricots
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- Steamed snow peas, to serve
- Broccolini, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthy apricot chicken recipe
- Preheat oven to 170C/ 150C fan forced. Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over high heat. Cook the chicken, in 2 batches, for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in same dish over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Return chicken to dish. Stir in the mustard, stock, apricot nectar and dried apricots and bring to the boil. Cover dish with a lid or foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes, adding cannellini beans for last 10 minutes of cooking time. Serve with steamed snow peas and broccolini.
Nutritions of Healthy apricot chicken recipecalories: 344.877 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 28 grams carbohydrates
calories: 30 grams protein