There is nothing like a warm ravioli, try a twist on the classic with zucchini as an alternative to pasta.
The ingredient of Zucchini ravioli with chicken, ricotta & spinach recipe
- 100g baby spinach
- 250g chicken mince
- 100g fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup fresh continental parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 20g (1/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 egg yolk
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways (see tip)
- 55g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated mozzarella
- 2 tbs pine nuts
The instruction how to make Zucchini ravioli with chicken, ricotta & spinach recipe
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan forced. Lightly spray a large baking dish with oil.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat. Cook spinach, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat, drain in a sieve and squeeze out moisture. Chop finely.
- Combine spinach, chicken, ricotta, parsley, parmesan, lemon rind and egg yolk in a bowl. Season. Combine the tomatoes and garlic in a separate bowl. Season.
- Lay 2 zucchini slices, slightly overlapping, on a clean surface. Lay 2 more slices, slightly overlapping, at right angles to form a cross. Shape a quarter-cupful of chicken mixture into a patty. Place in centre of cross. Fold over zucchini to form a parcel. Place seam-side down in prepared dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture to make 8 ravioli.
- Spoon tomato mixture around ravioli. Top with mozzarella and pine nuts. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Season. tip! Make sure to thinly slice the zucchini so you can fold up the parcels without the zucchini breaking. Use a mandolin if you have one.
Nutritions of Zucchini ravioli with chicken, ricotta & spinach recipecalories: 298.511 calories
calories: 19 grams fat
calories: 6.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 6.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 23 grams protein