Make a Sunday roast to remember with this delicious Spanish-style roast chicken and potatoes that can be gobbled up at the table, or served up as leftovers for lunch the next day.
The ingredient of Spanish-style roast chicken and potatoes recipe
- 1.8kg Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Whole Chicken
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g baby Red Royale potatoes
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 350g Coles Australian Mini Capsicums, halved, seeded
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup (75g) pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dry sherry (optional)
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
The instruction how to make Spanish-style roast chicken and potatoes recipe
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place the chicken on a clean work surface. Combine the oil, paprika, oregano and garlic in a bowl. Season. Drizzle over the chicken and rub all over to coat.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting pan. Use kitchen string to tie the legs together. Arrange the potato, chorizo and onion around the chicken in the pan. Roast for 30 mins or until potato is just tender.
- Transfer the potato to a clean work surface. Cool slightly. Use folded paper towels to gently press down on potatoes to flatten slightly. Return potatoes to the pan with the capsicum, lemon, olives, stock and sherry, if using.
- Roast for 30 mins. Add tomatoes to the pan. Roast for a further 15 mins or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced with a skewer. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Set aside for 10 mins to rest.
- Arrange the potato mixture around the chicken on the platter and sprinkle with the parsley.
Nutritions of Spanish-style roast chicken and potatoes recipecalories: 531.297 calories
calories: 33 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 14 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 41 grams protein
calories: 305 milligrams sodium