For a healthy yet hearty main, try this sticky soy osso buco winter bliss bowl.
The ingredient of Sticky soy beef winter bliss bowl
- 4 x 300g pieces beef osso buco
- 1/4 cup plain flour, seasoned
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into thick wedges
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/3 cup kecap manis
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 x 250g Coles microwave brown rice and quinoa mix
- 120g bag Coles 4-leaf salad mix
- 100g fried noodles
- Lebanese cucumber ribbons, to serve
- Carrot ribbons, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Sliced red chilli, to serve
- 2 limes, halved
The instruction how to make Sticky soy beef winter bliss bowl
- Dust beef in flour, shaking off excess. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook beef for 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until starting to brown. Add ginger, garlic, lemongrass, cinnamon and ground coriander. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add stock, kecap manis, tamarind and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer.
- Return beef to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover. Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes, turning beef halfway through. Remove lid. Cook for a further 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Using tongs, transfer beef to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Increase heat to medium. Cook sauce for a further 5 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to pan, turning to coat in sauce.
- Meanwhile, place sesame seeds and pepitas in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until toasted. Add brown sugar. Cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar is caramelised. Transfer to a plate lined with baking paper to cool completely. Break up into small pieces.
- Heat rice and quinoa mix following to packet directions. Combine salad mix and noodles in a bowl. Divide beef, rice mix, salad mixture, cucumber, carrot, pepita mixture, fresh coriander and chilli among serving bowls. Squeeze over lime to serve.
Nutritions of Sticky soy beef winter bliss bowlcalories: