For a new twist to an old classic, try this white sauce lasagna, layered with cauliflower puree, chopped kale and, of course, cheese on cheese – shredded mozzarella throughout and grated parm on top! Recipe by Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Creamy cauliflower and kale lasagne
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 large sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, finely chopped (about 250g)
- 2 cups (500ml) full-cream milk
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) thickened cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed, coarsely chopped (about 170g)
- 250g pkt Coles Large Instant Lasagne Sheets
- 225g mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup (40g) parmesan, finely grated (or vegetarian hard cheese)
The instruction how to make Creamy cauliflower and kale lasagne
- Preheat oven to 175C (155C fan-forced). Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add butter. Stir until melted. Add onion, garlic and thyme. Sautu00e9 for 5 mins or until onion is just tender. Add cauliflower. Cook, stirring, for 6 mins or until softened. Add milk and cream and simmer for 5 mins or until cauliflower is tender. Remove from heat and discard thyme. Allow the cauliflower mixture to cool slightly. Carefully place in a blender. Blend until smooth. Season cauliflower mixture generously with salt and pepper.
- Wipe frying pan clean. Heat over medium-high heat. Add oil and kale. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until kale is wilted and tender. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the cauliflower cream over the base of a 24cm x 18cm x 5cm baking dish. Place a layer of lasagne sheets over sauce, breaking to fit (donu2019t worry if thereu2019s space around sheets u2013 they expand as they cook). Place one-third of the kale on top. Spoon u00be cup of the cauliflower cream over kale and sprinkle with one-third of the mozzarella. Repeat layers twice with lasagne sheets, kale, cauliflower cream and mozzarella. Top with remaining lasagne sheets. Cover with remaining 1 1/4 cups of cauliflower cream.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Place on a baking tray and bake for 45 mins or until lasagne is heated through (the tip of a knife inserted into centre of lasagne for 10 secs should feel hot to the touch) and lasagne sheets are softened.
- Preheat grill on high. Remove foil and sprinkle with parmesan. Cook for 2-3 mins or until golden brown. Set aside for 15 mins to cool before serving.
Nutritions of Creamy cauliflower and kale lasagnecalories: 690.949 calories
calories: 49 grams fat
calories: 29 grams saturated fat
calories: 38 grams carbohydrates
calories: 22 grams protein
calories: 364 milligrams sodium