This gluten-free, meat-free bake is a perfect mash-up of parmi and lasagne.
The ingredient of Gluten-free eggplant parmigiana lasagne
- 3 x 400g eggplants, cut lengthways into 5mm-thick slices
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups (200g) almond meal
- 3 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- 80g fior di latte cheese (from good delis u2013 substitute mozzarella), coarsely grated
- 250g fresh buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 250g cherry truss tomatoes
- Store-bought pesto, to serve
- Basil leaves, to serve
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped
- 1 tbs capers, rinsed, drained, chopped
- 650g roma tomatoes, chopped
The instruction how to make Gluten-free eggplant parmigiana lasagne
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease 3 baking trays and line with baking paper.
- Combine oil, oregano and 2 tsp salt flakes in a bowl and brush over eggplant. Arrange eggplant in single layers across prepared trays. Cover each tray of eggplant with a sheet of baking paper and roast for 40 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- For the chunky tomato sauce, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, anchovy and capers, and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until garlic is light golden. Add tomato and 1 cup (250ml) water. Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 20 minutes or until tomato has broken down slightly and sauce has reduced. Using a wooden spoon, stir to further break up tomato, then set aside to cool.
- Place almond meal in a shallow dish. Brush eggplant slices with a little of the chunky tomato sauce, then gently dip in almond meal. 5
- To assemble lasagne, grease a 35cm, 1.5L (6-cup) ovenproof dish. Spread half the remaining tomato sauce into the prepared dish, then cover with half the zucchini and eggplant. Cover zucchini and eggplant with the fior de latte cheese and spread over remaining tomato sauce. Top with remaining zucchini and eggplant.
- Place a sheet of baking paper over lasagne, then enclose dish in foil. Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbling and tender when pierced with a knife. Increase oven to 220C and remove foil and baking paper.
- Top lasagne with mozzarella and cherry tomatoes, and return to the top shelf of the oven to bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until top is golden and tomatoes begin to blister.
- Drizzle with pesto and scatter with basil leaves to serve.
Nutritions of Gluten-free eggplant parmigiana lasagnecalories: