Weve given cheesy potato and bacon bake a lasagne twist, perfect for feeding a crowd.
The ingredient of Cheesy potato and bacon lasagne
- 4 middle bacon rashers, rinds removed
- 1.5kg large sebago potatoes, peeled, sliced lengthways into 5mm-thick slices
- 200g (2 cups) coarsely grated mozzarella
- White pepper, to season
- 300ml carton pouring cream
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Cheesy potato and bacon lasagne
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan forced. Grease a 20cm-square baking dish with oil. Coarsely chop 3 bacon rashers. Reserve the remaining rasher. Place chopped bacon in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until crisp.
- Place a layer of potatoes in the base of the prepared dish. Sprinkle over half the bacon and one-third of the cheese. Pour over one-quarter of the cream. Season with salt and white pepper. Top with another layer of potato, remaining bacon, half the remaining mozzarella and one-third of the remaining cream. Finish with a layer of potato.
- Whisk the milk, egg and remaining cream in a bowl. Season with salt and white pepper. Pour mixture over the potato and scatter with the remaining mozzarella. Cut the reserved bacon rasher into large pieces and arrange over the top of the cheese. Cover the dish with baking paper and foil. Bake for 55 minutes or until potato is nearly tender. Uncover and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Cheesy potato and bacon lasagnecalories: