Get your veg on with this stunning vegie lasagne that will fill up even the most die-hard meat-eater.
The ingredient of Vegie lasagne with zucchini lattice
- 20g butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 110g (2/3 cup) pine nuts
- 3 bunches English spinach, trimmed, washed, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, coarsely grated, plus 3 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 500g fresh ricotta
- 300ml thickened cream
- 70g (1 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 250ml (1 cup) tomato pasta sauce
- 200g (2 cups) grated four cheese mix
- 9 dried lasagne sheets
- Mixed baby salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Vegie lasagne with zucchini lattice
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan forced. Lightly grease a 20 x 26cm (base measurement) baking dish.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until foaming. Add the leek, garlic and half the pine nuts. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until the leek has softened. Add the spinach and grated zucchini. Increase heat to high. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until spinach wilts and any excess liquid has evaporated. Stir in the basil. Season well.
- Whisk the ricotta, cream, parmesan, lemon rind, nutmeg and egg in a bowl until combined. Season well.
- Spread a third of the pasta sauce over base of prepared dish. Sprinkle with a little cheese. Top with a layer of pasta (break to fit if necessary), a quarter of the ricotta mixture and a third of the spinach mixture. Repeat with half the remaining pasta sauce, a third of the remaining cheese, a third of the remaining ricotta mixture and half the remaining spinach mixture. Top with the remaining pasta sauce, half the remaining cheese, half the remaining ricotta mixture and the remaining spinach mixture. Cover with the remaining ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with almost all the remaining cheese.
- Layer the zucchini slices in a lattice pattern over the top of the lasagne. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the lasagne for 40 minutes or until it is starting to become golden. Sprinkle with remaining pine nuts. Bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until pine nuts are golden. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Serve with baby salad leaves.
Nutritions of Vegie lasagne with zucchini latticecalories: