This month, weve added ricotta, parmesan, pumpkin and spinach to a boscaiola sauce for a fresh take on lasagne.
The ingredient of Pumpkin, spinach & ricotta lasagne with bacon
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 250g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 125g rindless bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 40g butter
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 435ml (13/4 cups) milk
- 6 fresh lasagne sheets
- 500g fresh ricotta
- 2 x 250g pkts frozen spinach, thawed, drained
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Pumpkin, spinach & ricotta lasagne with bacon
- Preheat oven to 180u00baC. Place pumpkin on a lined baking tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Spray a 20 x 30cm (base measurement) baking dish with oil.
- Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Cook mushroom, stirring, for 4 minutes or until browned and the liquid has evaporated. Transfer to a plate. Spray pan with oil. Cook the bacon, onion and garlic, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add tomato and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Stir in the mushroom.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Stir in the flour for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 5-7 minutes or until thick.
- Spread 1 cup of tomato mixture in dish. Top with 2 lasagne sheets, overlapping slightly, cutting to fit. Top with half the ricotta, spinach and pumpkin. Spoon over half the remaining tomato mixture. Repeat with the remaining lasagne sheets, ricotta, spinach, pumpkin and tomato mixture, finishing with lasagne sheets. Pour over the bechamel. Sprinkle with the parmesan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden.
Nutritions of Pumpkin, spinach & ricotta lasagne with baconcalories: 596.305 calories
calories: 26 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 60 grams carbohydrates
calories: 32 grams protein