Fill your weeknight with this heartwarming lasagne that is fuss-free and can be prepared ahead.
The ingredient of Pork, veal and lentil lasagne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 500g pork and veal mince
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed, drained
- 680ml bottle passata sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets
- Green salad, to serve
- 60g butter
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Pork, veal and lentil lasagne
- Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over high heat. Add onion, garlic and mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until tender and liquid evaporated.
- Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Add lentils, sauce and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until thickened and lentils are tender. Stir in basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, make Bechamel sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat until foaming. Add flour. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbling. Remove from heat. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Return pan to heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease an 8-cup-capacity baking dish.
- Spread half the mince mixture into prepared dish. Spoon over 1/3 of bechamel sauce. Top with 2 lasagne sheets, trimming to fit. Spread with remaining mince mixture and spoon over half of the remaining bechamel sauce. Top with remaining lasagne sheets, trimming to fit. Spoon over remaining bechamel sauce. Bake for 30 minutes or until pasta is tender and top golden. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve with salad.
Nutritions of Pork, veal and lentil lasagnecalories: 723.931 calories
calories: 36.1 grams fat
calories: 19.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 49.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 47.8 grams protein
calories: 134 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 939 milligrams sodium