Taking the cheesiness up a notch, this classic lasagne is comfort food at its best.
The ingredient of Cheesy beef lasagne
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 3 cups fresh tomato sauce (see related recipe)
- 1 teaspoon Masterfoods Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 5 fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 50g butter
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
The instruction how to make Cheesy beef lasagne
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook mince, in batches, until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Return mince to pan. Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, to combine. Stir in tomato sauce and dried oregano. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in basil. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Cheesy sauce Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until mixture is bubbling. Gradually stir in milk. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese. Season.
- Grease a 10-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Line base with pasta. Spoon 1/3 of the mince over pasta. Top with 1/3 cup cheesy sauce. Repeat, finishing with pasta. Top with remaining sauce. Cool. Top with cheese. Cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- Thaw lasagne in fridge overnight. Preheat oven to 1800u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until lasagne is heated through. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Cheesy beef lasagnecalories: 978.227 calories
calories: 57.3 grams fat
calories: 29.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 52.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 62.2 grams protein
calories: 213 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 870 milligrams sodium