Hints of thyme and lemon lighten the creaminess of this lasagne.
The ingredient of Chicken and asparagus lasagne
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g chicken mince
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Massel chicken style stock powder
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 100g butter
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1L (4 cups) milk
- 20g (1/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 250g pkt dried lasagne sheets
- 100g fresh mozzarella, coarsely grated
- 1 bunch mini green asparagus (see note)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
The instruction how to make Chicken and asparagus lasagne
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and stir for 4 minutes or until soft. Add the chicken and stir for 5 minutes or until browned. Add the water, wine, thyme and stock powder. Simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced slightly. Stir in lemon rind and season.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat until foaming. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Gradually add the milk, stirring, until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Cook, whisking, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in parmesan and nutmeg. Season. Set aside for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place half the chicken mixture in the base of a 3L (12-cup) baking dish. Top with one-third of the lasagne sheets and one-third of the white sauce. Continue layering with remaining lasagne sheets and chicken mixture, finishing with lasagne sheets. Top with remaining white sauce, mozzarella and asparagus. Place on a large baking tray and cover loosely with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle with the pine nuts. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
Nutritions of Chicken and asparagus lasagnecalories: 736.12 calories
calories: 43 grams fat
calories: 20 grams saturated fat
calories: 49 grams carbohydrates
calories: 35 grams protein