Weve skipped the baking and created this fast version with silky sheets.
The ingredient of Free-form mushroom lasagne with burnt butter sauce
- 150g butter
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 400g mixed mushrooms (such as oyster and shiitake), trimmed, sliced (see note)
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 fresh lasagne sheets
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 30g (1/4 cup) walnut halves, coarsely chopped
- 85g (1/3 cup) creme fraiche or sour cream
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Free-form mushroom lasagne with burnt butter sauce
- Heat 50g butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir for 2 minutes or until it just starts to colour. Add the combined mushroom and stir for 3-4 minutes or until they just begin to soften. Remove from heat and stir in the nutmeg. Season.
- Cook lasagne sheets, 2 at a time, in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 4 minutes or until al dente. Transfer to a baking tray and lay flat. Tear in half. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Heat the remaining butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the sage and cook, swirling the pan occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the butter is foaming and golden and the sage is crisp. Remove from heat. Stir in the walnuts.
- Place 1 lasagne sheet on each plate. Top with one-quarter of the creme fraiche or sour cream and one-quarter of the mushroom mixture. Continue layering with the remaining pasta sheets, creme fraiche or sour cream and mushroom mixture. Top with the butter mixture. Serve with baby rocket.
Nutritions of Free-form mushroom lasagne with burnt butter saucecalories: 783.92 calories
calories: 46 grams fat
calories: 26 grams saturated fat
calories: 78 grams carbohydrates
calories: 20 grams protein