Try this allergy-friendly version of a favourite Italian classic.
The ingredient of Gluten-free lasagne
- 1 cup (150g) chopped vegetables (see note)
- 2 cups tomato passata
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/3 cup gluten-free cornflour
- 3 cups milk
- 180g cheddar, grated
- 1 1/2 x 200g packets gluten-free lasagne sheets
The instruction how to make Gluten-free lasagne
- Place vegetables and passata in a food processor. Process until smooth. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring, with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Add tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute. Add vegetable mixture. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened. Season with pepper.
- Meanwhile, place pumpkin on a microwave-safe plate. Add 2 teaspoons cold water. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave on high (100%) for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender.
- Place cornflour in a saucepan. Add 1/4 cup milk. Stir to form a smooth paste. Gradually add remaining milk, stirring to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease a 7cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) baking dish. Arrange one-third lasagne sheets over base. Top with half the mince, half the pumpkin and 1/3 cup cheese sauce. Repeat. Top with remaining lasagne sheets. Spread with remaining cheese sauce and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Gluten-free lasagnecalories: 1028.895 calories
calories: 44 grams fat
calories: 22 grams saturated fat
calories: 94 grams carbohydrates
calories: 26 grams sugar
calories: 59 grams protein
calories: 140 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 623.26 milligrams sodium