Add zest to this sausage pasta bake with all-time classic lemons.
The ingredient of Lemon, sausage and silverbeet lasagne
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 100g butter
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 3 cups milk, warmed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 500g packet angus beef sausages with roast garlic and fresh parsley (see note)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 bunch silverbeet, trimmed, roughly shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 fresh lasagne sheets
- 10 fresh bay leaves (optional)
The instruction how to make Lemon, sausage and silverbeet lasagne
- Place sliced lemon in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside.
- Melt 60g butter in a saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until foaming. Add flour. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 1 minute or until mixture bubbles. Remove pan from heat. Slowly add milk, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring constantly to prevent lumps forming. Return pan to medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Remove pan from heat. Add nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in parmesan. Cover surface with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Squeeze sausage meat from casings. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage meat. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up sausage meat, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a large plate lined with paper towel.
- Increase heat to high. Melt remaining butter in pan. Add zucchini. Cook for 1 minute each side or until golden brown. Add silverbeet and sausage meat. Cover. Cook for 2 minutes or until silverbeet just begins to soften. Add lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Arrange 2 lasagne sheets in the base of a greased 5cm-deep, 24cm x 30cm baking dish. Spoon over half the sausage mixture. Top with 2 lasagne sheets. Spoon over half the white sauce, followed by remaining sausage mixture. Spoon over half the remaining white sauce. Top with remaining lasagne sheets, then remaining sauce.
- Drain lemon slices. Pat dry with paper towel. Arrange lemon and fresh bay leaves (if using) on top of lasagne. Cover loosely with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until lasagne is golden brown and cooked through.
Nutritions of Lemon, sausage and silverbeet lasagnecalories: 582.204 calories
calories: 37.5 grams fat
calories: 20.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 35.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 24.4 grams protein
calories: 102 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 985 milligrams sodium